Week 3 was another blur. I can’t believe it’s Friday already!
#100dayproject to Publication
I committed to a final list of illustrations for the first eBook edition.
As a minimum, I will create illustrations for
_the internal title page
_the ‘map’ of the Fragments
_eight illustrated part title pages.
The style for those will be a collage of hand-drawn pencil and watercolour elements and textures, black and white photos, and digital textures.
Plus, any required symbols and signatures in the fictional languages of the House, the Arc, and the Protectorate (scary, but I have done a few already).
And up to twelve pages from Eass’ Notebook.
I decided against images for scene separators for now and will stick with the simple m-dash. I tend to read white type on black, and I don’t like the images sticking out :).
One of the fonts for the cover and title pages is also locked in. I have fallen for the Trajan Pro family, serif and sans serifs.
I have an advanced draft for the cover (still hush hush until the big cover reveal) the internal title page, and three rough drafts for the first three part title pages. I decided to go work through all title pages before I’ll start on the final illustrations. This allows me to refine the composition, mood, techniques and shared patterns.
A big step for me was to shoot and publish a first test reel for video promotions featuring … well me! #superscary
Progress on Book Two
Let’s not talk about this. Ouch!
A few sales this week and some progress on the Shop Update.
Progress last week(s)
Book 1: Final schedule for Illustrations for release is done. Cover in final draft. No new eBook export.
Book 2: Ouch!
Art(work): Some progress on shop update. First Promos for May Shop update out.
Plan for next week
Book 1: Working draft for cover. Final schedule for Illustrations for release. Next eBook draft export. Look into Wattpad.
Book 2: Re-start progress based on new targets.
Art(work): Finish artwork for May shop update! Send Newsletter. Continue Promo